Summer Backyard BBQ Essentials
At Rossmoor we understand the importance gathering with family and friends to create fond memories all summer, we also happen to know how to throw a pretty decent party. So, we complied a few of our favorite tricks to throw together the perfect summertime get together.
- Decor: Summer is the best season for outdoor decor. Keep it simple. Gingham table cloths, brightly colored florals, mason jars with tea candles and a few strands of string lights. Quick set up & easy to take down after your guests leave.
- Activities: No one wants to go to a party that is overly planned to too many games and events. However, you don’t want your guests to get bored. Be sure to stock up (or make your own) fun backyard games. Cornhole, ring toss, frisbee, the possibilities are endless. A few of our favorite party games can be found here
- Food/Drink Station: An outdoor space can be less directional than indoor so setting up stations creates a sense of organization. Having a designated food and drink area makes it clear to your guests that they can eat and drink whenever they are ready, no need to wait to be served!
- Eats: Our favorite BBQ foods also happen to be finger foods. Who wants to deal with washing a ton of silverware or ruining the environment with plastic cutlery? Keep the menu simple, just like the decor. Hotdogs, sliders, fruit salads. Find some of our favorite food and drink recipes here.
- Dessert: Plan dessert ahead of time. You will not want to be in the kitchen making an elaborate dish while your guests are there. One of our favorite is a cookie-wich. Stop by The Shoppe and grab a dozen of our signature M&M cookies and a tub of your favorite French vanilla ice cream. We promise it won’t disappoint.
These backyard BBQ essentials are sure to make your next summer soiree one to remember.